Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fireplace Mantle with Cabinets

More fun with bashed Michael's Hutches. This time it's a arts and crafts style fireplace mantle with built in shelving. It took a total of five Michael's Hutches..but I only used half of each hutch so I still have five half pieces leftover... I used around 40-50 mosaic tiles to accent the fireplace and create the base, and 6 tiny accent brads using in scrapbook for hardware.

It would probably look completely awesome in stained wood...alas I went with white so that it "flowed" better with the rest of the white cabinetry I'm installing in my Contemporary themed Bellingham.

2 comments:

KLC said...

You are extremely talented and I love your work. I'm looking forward to more posts!

Lindsay said...

Thanks...hopefully the real world will allow me time to get back to mini'ing soon... =)