Sunday, December 20, 2009

Not Exactly a Dollhouse Miniature...





Let me say I have a love of everything miniature! Including little miniature terrarium scenes...

The real world hasn't allowed me alot of time for miniatures and with Christmas upon us....well I've been a busy girl. But I simply HAD to make time for these ornaments I saw featured on DesignSponge...

The original post on designsponge is here.

Basically you just need reindeer moss, clear glass ornaments, a bit of ribbon and whatever pretty little accents you would like to add. For mine I used tiny ladybugs, bird eggs, cardinals, and butterflies all found in the floral dept. at Michael's. I added a couple springs of sticks that I nuked in the microwave for a few seconds and some dried potpourri for color....I was also able to use up some extra bits and pieces from my miniature stashes. I just arranged everything with a pencil. These are super easy but they really do look quite elegant!

I was making these as a gift but I'm not sure I want to give them away...they truly are sooo pretty and make a great gift for the green thumbed person on your christmas list!









4 comments:

kathi said...

How pretty! What a great idea! Do you think I still have time to make some of these for Christmas??!

Lindsay said...

Yes...these were SUPER easy and really fast to make.. I spent about an hour and made eight on my first try. Go for it!

Cyndy said...

Love these!

Fabworks said...

Good post.
Miniature Scale Models