Saturday, October 18, 2008

Entertainment Center

I used four of the cheap $1.00 unfinished wooden hutches from Michael's to piece together this entertainment center. I removed the wooden knobs from the door facings and replaced with brush satin brads (you can usually find packages of decorative brads fairly cheap at any store with a scrapbooking department)

I painted the unit black as it's going in a contemporary themed house. (eventually at least....you can obviously tell the house is a long way from being finished by the photo....)

The television is actually a magnet. I found it at the Dollar Tree. I painted the screen black with a black enamel craft paint to give it a bit of shine to it...

Most of the decorations on the shelf are beads. The tiny standing eiffel tower on the top shelf is a charm bracelet charm.

No comments: